Ingredients for 4 people):
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 grams of flour
- 500 ml milk
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- Beat the egg yolks with the vanilla sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 added tablespoon of sugar with a hand mixer until foamy. Gradually stir in a spoonful of flour and a good splash of milk, alternating until everything is used up.
- Then stir in the melted butter. The dough seems quite thin, which is exactly right. Now let the dough rest for half an hour, then beat it well again.
- Then beat the egg white into a stiff peak and fold it slowly but thoroughly into the dough with a spoon. There should no longer be any protein flakes visible.
- Melt butter in a pan and pour in the dough to a depth of approx. 1 cm. Reduce the heat slightly and let it fry until golden. Take a look every now and then. Quarter the mixture, turn it over and let it bake again.
- Divide into bite-sized pieces, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar and let caramelize briefly.
Almost ready: Arrange on plates and dust with powdered sugar.