Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I season my wok?
Similar to a cast iron pan, you have to season your wok before using it for the first time so that it develops a so-called patina, which gives it a natural non-stick surface and protects it from rust.
Fortunately, seasoning your wok is a breeze!
- Wash the inside of your wok with hot water and a little washing-up liquid. Use a soft cloth for this (e.g. paper kitchen towel or sponge cloth). This is the only time your wok will come into contact with dish soap unless it gets rusty.
- Rinse off the detergent with hot water and dry your wok thoroughly.
- Now place your wok on the stove and heat it up strongly.
During this process, the color of your wok will change.
- Once your wok is evenly heated, remove it from the stove.
- Now add about 1 teaspoon of sunflower / rapeseed oil to your wok and use a paper towel to spread it over the entire inner surface of the wok.
Be careful not to get burned!
- Heat your wok over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. This will produce smoke, so make sure your windows are open and the hood is on.
- Remove your wok from the stove again and rub it out with a new paper towel. There may now be black residues on this cloth.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 until there is no more black residue on your paper kitchen towel and the inside of your wok has a golden-brown or black patina.
Your wok is now ready to use.
Alternatively, you can watch one of the many YouTube tutorials.
What do I have to consider when cleaning my wok?
- To your wok directly To clean after use, just rinse it off with hot water (KEIN Use detergent!). If the inside doesn't get completely clean, sprinkle some salt into it and rub it with a paper towel until your wok is clean.
- IMPORTANT: After you've rinsed your wok, rub it out well with a dry cloth! Alternatively, reheat your wok on the stove to allow it to dry completely so that it doesn't rust.
- Before you tidy up your wok, use a paper towel to apply a thin layer of oil to the inside of your wok to protect it.
Please follow these cleaning instructions so that you can enjoy your pasoli wok for a long time!
What do I do if my wooden handle is loose?
The wooden handle can loosen due to heat and moisture. Loosen the two screws, tighten the handle again and, if necessary, hit it in a few times with a hammer. Tighten the screws again, the handle should now be firmly fixed again.
How can I refine my wooden handle?
If you want to refine your wooden handle yourself, you can rub it with a little olive oil and let it soak in for a few hours. Then simply rub off the excess oil and your wooden handle is already a bit more elegant, as it has now been given a slightly darker, stronger color.
How can I do you something good?
If you are satisfied with your pasoli wok, please rate us on amazon. That helps both us and our future customers.
I can't find my question here, what should I do now?
Please contact us at email@example.com or use the contact form here on the homepage.