Ingredients (for 4 persons):
- 6 beaten egg yolk
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 EL sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 250 grams of flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- Using a hand mixer, beat the egg yolk with the vanilla sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 heaped tablespoon of sugar until fluffy. Gradually stir in a tablespoon of flour and a good dash of milk, alternating between each, until all is used up.
- Then stir in the melted butter. The dough looks pretty runny, which is just right. Let the dough rest for half an hour, then knead well again.
- Then beat the egg whites until stiff and fold slowly but thoroughly into the batter with a spoon. There should no longer be any protein flakes to be seen.
- Melt the butter in a pan and pour in the batter to a height of about 1 cm. Reduce heat slightly and let simmer until golden. Always look underneath. Quarter the mixture, turn over and let it bake again.
- Divide into bite-sized pieces, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar and let caramelize briefly.
Almost finished: Arrange on plates and dust with icing sugar.